HELP!!! Regular attendance in my children's Sunday school classes has drastically decreased. I have 2 high schoolers, 4 middle schoolers, 7 elementary, and 2 preschoolers who regularly participate in my small church. Only one or two make it to Sunday school. I'm in search of new, cool ideas to revamp my Sunday school. Thanks in advance!!
We are excited to introduce a new intergenerational pilot project GenOn Ministries will be embarking on this spring. Just as our LOGOS ministry encourages spiritual growth through intergenerational ministry midweek, we at GenOn have been praying and planning for what that might look like on Sunday mornings. We would like to introduce you to Sunday LIFT (Living In Faith Together).
Sunday LIFT is a resource for churches that are looking to build cross generational relationships on Sunday mornings. It can take the place of current Christian education or formation ministries or be used in addition to programming that already exists within your church. Sunday LIFT helps bring generations together around tables with the sharing of food, fellowship and learning.
Sunday morning Christian education and formation has changed in our culture. Churches and communities are now seeing more opportunities for families on Sunday morning instead of just church. Sunday mornings may also be the only “free time” families and members of your church may have. Because of these and other obstacles, Sunday LIFT may be the choice for you.
- Eliminates the need for Sunday school teachers. You will have one or two leaders who guide sessions and prepare. Other adults can simply be involved in learning at the tables and in small groups.
- One-hour sessions can stand alone. This can help churches who have low or irregular Sunday school attendance prepare and use their resources wisely.
- Includes a meal/snack which may help busy families connect to your church or make the time commitment to be a part of the session(s).
- Includes people of all ages. This allows for more relationship building and the inclusion of all of God’s children.
- Is affordable, downloadable, and flexible. This may help churches dealing with the increase in curriculum cost.
GenOn Ministries is seeking 10 to 15 churches to pilot Sunday LIFT. These pilot churches will be given a draft of "Sunday LIFT Why and How" along with 4 sessions to try with their congregation before the summer of 2018. In exchange for these free resources, these churches will provide feedback as we continue to pray and plan for future development of this curriculum.
If your church is interested in being a pilot church please visit our website at the link below and complete the Sunday LIFT Church Application (link found on that page) by March 1. Churches will be selected and notified mid-March.
If you have questions please contact us. We would love to chat with you about this pilot project.