Executive Director, GenOn Ministries
GenOn Ministries has invited 11 experts in their field to help us evaluate the current and future state of the intergenerational ministry culture and ensure that GenOn remains relevant to those who are dedicated to the future of intergenerational ministries.
The members of the GenOn Ministries Advisory Council (GMAC) will spend the next several months exploring, developing, and eventually proposing recommendations for GenOn’s Strategic Planning and Vision committee to consider.
“We’re very excited for their work to begin,” said Beth Fratzke, GenOn board member and chair of its Strategic Planning and Vision Committee. “The experts who accepted this call to serve on this advisory council are as passionate about intergenerational ministry as we are at GenOn. They believe that this kind of ministry is critical to healthy, thriving churches.”
GMAC launched earlier this month, and its members are committed to working cross denominationally and thinking strategically about how to apply resources and possible solutions to intergenerational challenges.
The council consists of two teams. Each team, listed below, will explore a significant challenge ripe with opportunity for the future of intergenerational ministry:
Local Church Team: By better understanding generational differences and similarities within a church, how can effective intergenerational relationships help churches thrive?
- Melissa Cooper, Associate, Vibrant Faith
- Lisa McPherson, Youth Ministry Director, Elim Lutheran Church
- Jim Merhaut, Director, Coaching to Connect
- John Roberto, Vibrant Faith Leadership Team; Coordinator of Vibrant Faith Institute; Founder, Lifelong Faith Associates
- Linda Staats, Founder, HomeGrown Faith
- Jessica Stollings, President, ReGenerations
Seminaries Connection Team: What is needed to help seminaries champion intergenerational ministries to meet churches’ growing needs in this area?
- Michael Droege, Director of Youth and Family Ministries, Wilson Memorial Union Church; Founder, GrowTogether
- Dawn Rundman, Director of Faith Formation Resource Development, Augsburg Fortress
- Jason Santos, Presbyterian Mission Agency’s Coordinator for Christian Formation, PC(USA)
- Cory Seibel, Pastor of Lifelong Faith Formation, Central Baptist Church; Affiliate Professor at Taylor Seminary, Edmonton
- Tori Smit: Regional Minister for Faith Formation, The Presbyterian Church in Canada
Other posts from GenOn Connect – March/April 2018