STORE Bible Study
High School Bible Study - The 10 Commandments
10 sessions. This course explores ten major themes of Christian faith and life, and how the Ten Commandments provide a structure for our lives. For thousands of years, the Ten Commandments have informed faith, shaped values, and motivated behavior. Today, the Ten Commandments continue to be a powerful influence on faith, values and actions. This course will summarize the ancient ten words and connect them with ten contemporary words. Sessions:
- Salvation - Exodus 20:1-17, Deuteronomy 30:11-20
- Revelation - Exodus 3:1-15, 20:1-2
- Dedication - Exodus 20:2-3, Matthew 19:1 6-30
- Devotion - Exodus 20:4-7, Luke 11:1-4, John 13:34-35, 15:12-17
- Re-Creation - Exodus 20:8-11, Deuteronomy 5:12-15, Exodus 31:12-17, Isaiah 58:13-14, Mark 2:23-3:6
- Compassion - Exodus 20:12, Hosea 4:1-3, 11:1-8. Matthew 15:1-11, Luke 15:11-32
- Liberation - Exodus 20:13, 15, Matthew 5:21-24, Romans 13:8-10
- Faithfulness - Exodus 20:14, Hosea 2:19-20, Hebrews 13:4, Matthew 5:27-30, John 8:1-11
- Transformation - Exodus 20:16-17, Matthew 5:1-12, Colossians 3:8-21
- Celebration - Mark 12:28-34
Written by Boyd Lien and revised by Keith Strain and John Aukerman.
Sample high school course. A link to this downloadable resource will be sent to the e-mail address on the order as soon as the order process is complete.