STORE Lent and Spring Resources
LIFT Year 4 Spring
3 units available. Choose the full collection or a single unit.
Unit 1: Lent
4 sessions. Participants explore stories about Jesus from the Gospel of Matthew. Activities include enjoying Passover foods, making alabaster prayer jars and unleavened bread, playing games, and closing with prayer and music. Participants work together to create a prayer garden, and hear the pastor share about the ways the church celebrates Communion.
- Preparing Jesus (Matthew 26:1-13)
- Sitting with Jesus (Matthew 26:17-30)
- Praying and Sleeping (Matthew 26:36-46)
- Failing Jesus (Matthew 26:31-35, 69-75)
Unit 2: Paul and His Friends
4 sessions. This unit sees Paul’s interaction with a variety of friends who were important in supporting his missionary journeys, traveling with him, and building up and correcting the early church. Timothy, a young man, was raised up in the faith by his mother and grandmother, Lois and Eunice. Lydia, an influential businesswoman and dealer of purple cloth, was converted after hearing Paul preach, and offered Paul shelter at her home. Among Paul’s greatest supporters was Silas, a prophet from Jerusalem and one of the foremost leaders of the entire church. Silas traveled with Paul as his principal missionary to spread the message of Jesus Christ throughout the Roman world.
- Timothy (Acts 16:1-5, 1 Timothy 4:7b-16)
- Lois and Eunice (2 Timothy 1:3-7)
- Lydia (Acts 16:11-15)
- Paul and Silas (Acts 15:22, 32-34; 16:16-40)
Unit 3: Peter and His Friends
In this unit, participants meet friends of Peter as he began his ministry. Peter preached at Pentecost. He prayed and healed the lame with John, raised Tabitha (Dorcas) from the dead, and was enlightened by God to share the Gospel with Gentiles. God was by Peter’s side throughout his extraordinary life.
- Peter at Pentecost (Acts 2:1-15, 36-41)
- Peter and John (Acts 3:1-14, 4:1-3, 16-21)
- Peter and Tabitha (Acts 9:36-43)
- Peter and Cornelius (Acts 10:1-48)