Christian Parenting Project
This is an exciting time for GenOn! We are launching a brand new pilot project for churches longing to connect in meaningful ways with families. The churches in the pilot project will get to try out proposed resources that support parents/grandparents/caregivers, kids, and the connection between homes and churches. They will then give us feedback about the experiences the families and the churches have. We would be embarking on a mutual journey to find where God is leading us in our current contexts with the real felt needs of today’s families.
This will be a learning process for all of us, and we believe that together we will discover the best ways to equip families of all shapes and kinds to love God and each other, and live a life rooted in the life-abundant faith Jesus teaches.
Each church chosen for the project will get:
- Digital resources to support parents, grandparents, and caregivers to:
- grow in faith and spirituality
- parent their children from a place rooted in God’s love
- feel supported, equipped, and empowered to answer God’s call to the ministry of parenting
- Digital resources that equip families to grow in faith together. Each resource will:
- be simple and connect to routines and rituals families are already doing
- connect ordinary moments to Bible stories, prayers, and activities that help families experience God’s presence
- Training, mentorship, and a community to support the connections between church and home
Each church chosen for the project will commit to:
- Participating in the project with a spirit of openness, curiosity, and compassion
- Attending two one-hour online meetings each month—one with all the pilot churches where we will do some trainings to expand our ministry toolboxes to prepare for the resource implementation, and one with the churches in your region where we will process and practice these new tools while we support one another—starting in May 2023 through December 2023
- Coming to an in-person regional gathering in spring of 2024, where we will kick off the testing of the parenting resources and family resources*
- Selecting and supporting families in your congregation or community to participate and use the resources we will create for parenting and family faith formation, and submit feedback so we can make the resources better
The chosen churches will be contacted by email by March 31, 2023. If your church is not chosen, have no fear! We will still share insights and updates along the way. We hope you will stay with us on this journey following God's nudges.
It is an exciting time as we step out into the unknown clinging to the truth that God is with us all along the way.
Apply to be part of the project!
*We are still working on the logistics of these gatherings. Our hope is to make this as affordable as possible for each church leader (and up to two additional folks per church) to attend in person. There will be some funds for scholarships for any church that is unable to afford these minimal costs.