Christian Parenting Project
This is an exciting time for GenOn! We have launched a brand new pilot project for churches longing to connect in meaningful ways with families. These 108 churches, and the families in them, will test and give feedback on resources that support parents/grandparents/caregivers, kids, and the connection between homes and churches. We are embarking on a mutual journey to find where God is leading us in our current contexts with the real felt needs of today’s families.
This is a learning process for all of us, and we believe that together we will discover the best ways to equip families of all shapes and kinds to love God and each other, and live a life rooted in the life-abundant faith Jesus teaches.
Each church chosen for the project will get:
- Digital resources to support parents, grandparents, and caregivers to:
- grow in faith and spirituality
- parent their children from a place rooted in God’s love
- feel supported, equipped, and empowered to answer God’s call to the ministry of parenting
- Digital resources that equip families to grow in faith together. Each resource will:
- be simple and connect to routines and rituals families are already doing
- connect ordinary moments to Bible stories, prayers, and activities that help families experience God’s presence
- Training, mentorship, and a community to support the connections between church and home
It is an exciting time as we step out into the unknown clinging to the truth that God is with us all along the way.