God's World in Community
Short easy-to-do sessions for intergenerational gatherings
Purchase God’s World collections
Attend an Intergenerational Pathways Workshop
What is God’s World in Community?
- Seven-session, flexible resources for intergenerational gatherings
- Short, easy-to-do sessions to read a Scripture passage, do an activity based on the passage, and pray together
- Stand-alone sessions tied together by common theme
- Collections are seasonal (Advent, Lent) and topical (Creation Care, Tell Your Story, Gifts of the Spirit, and others)
- For all ages
- Small or large groups
- With or without children
Ideas for using God’s World with your congregation
- Small groups
- Divide larger groups into intergenerational small groups
- Indoors or outdoors
- Part of a longer church fellowship gathering
- Part of a retreat, camping, or hiking event
- Add a shared meal
- With the church community or at home
Intergenerational Pathways Workshop - To Explore IG Ministry
GenOn regularly offers this online workshop for anyone to register and attend (90 minutes, $35 per person). This is an excellent place to begin as you explore ways to become a more intentionally intergenerational congregation. Evaluate your current ministry through an intergenerational lens. Learn why gathering multiple generations together helps to cultivate Christ-centered community. Check our Events Calendar for the next scheduled workshop.
Request this workshop for your church leaders congregation (90 minutes, $295 for an unlimited number of participants from your church). Email Training Director Betsy Dishman for more information.
What are churches that are using God’s World saying about it?
“We are using ‘Tell Your Story’ one Sunday a month as part of an after worship luncheon.”
“It is good to get people to think about the scriptures and the questions provided. This helps open up different conversations with our members.”
“We used God’s World ‘Creation Care’ for intergenerational Summer Sunday School. We had a hands-on, eco-friendly craft each week so people could work together.”
Questions? Want more information? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-937-2572.