LIFT Year 4 Summer
3 units available. Choose the full collection or a single unit.
Stories from John’s Gospel
4 sessions. Participants explore concrete images through four stories from John’s Gospel – light in the story of Nicodemus, water in the story of the Samaritan woman at the well, bread and fish in the story of the feeding the 5000, and wind in the story of Jesus walking on the water.
- The Light Came Into the World (John 3:1-21)
- The Woman at the Well (John 4:1-30, 39-42)
- A Youth’s Lunch (John 6:1-15)
- Jesus Walks on Water (John 6:16-20)
Stories from Mark’s Gospel
4 sessions. Participants explore four faith concepts through stories from the Gospel of Mark – forgiveness in the story of friends lowering the paralyzed man through the roof, peace in the story of Jesus calming the story, belief in the story of Jesus healing Jairus’ daughter, and ministry in the story of Jesus sending out his disciples.
- Lowered through the Roof (Mark 2:1-12)
- Jesus Calms the Storm (Mark 4:35-41)
- Jairus’ Daughter Healed (Mark 5:21-24a, 35-42)
- On a Mission (Mark 6:7-13)
4 sessions. The Being Friends unit explores four aspects of friendship: being different, showing love constantly, practicing forgiveness, and growing in community. Participants explore Old and New Testament Scriptures about friendship, and how to live lives based on Christ’s example of love. Participants play games and make crafts, wonder together about the challenges and benefits of friendship, and pray and sing together.
- Friends Who Are Different (1 Corinthians 12:12-31)
- Friends Show Love (Proverbs 17:17)
- Friends Forgive (Luke 6:27-31; 17:3-4)
- Friends Work Together (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12)