All About Us What We Do
Equipping faith communities for Christian discipleship through intergenerational relationships.
GenOn Ministries equips churches to build and nurture relationships of faith with God through Jesus Christ by...
- LOGOS - GenOn Ministries' signature offering.This intergenerational experience for children and youth creates an intentional arena where children, youth and adults, together, can learn about, experience and practice the art of Christian relationships.
- Specialized Training - held in your church, choose from our long list of interactive and dynamic workshops in church leadership, children's and youth ministry, and intergenerational ministry
- Intergenerational Ministry - equipping churches to gather multiple ages together in purposeful settings where Christian relationships are intentionally fostered
- Conference leadership - sharing our deep experience in intergenerational ministry and growing Christian relationships through keynoting and workshop leadership
- Youth Summits - summer youth conferences modeled after LOGOS intergenenerational ministry, held at Estes Park in Colorado and Wheeling Jesuit University in Wheeling, West Virginia
Our Core Values
- AFFIRMING We affirm that an abundant life-giving relationship with God through Jesus Christ is more important than anything else in life.
- LIVING We seek to live with God as the center and focus of everything we do, following the Bible as our guide and standard.
- PARTNERING We recognize that partnering with the Body of Christ, the church, is essential for excellence in Christian nurture, and that God has called the church of Jesus Christ into being as the primary means of ministry in the world - including ministry with youth and children.
- PRACTICING Through our ministry and training, we advocate the study and practice of four vital elements of ministry which originate from Acts 2:42 – teaching, fellowship, breaking bread, and worship, and that this intergenerational model of ministry, LOGOS, is of God, called in a significant way to reach out and minister to young people in and through churches of many denominations.
- SERVING We strive to be accountable as stewards of the gifts God has entrusted to us: time, talent, and treasure, including gifts for ministry given by God to individuals and congregations, and that dollars given to GenOn Ministries will go further, over a longer period of time, make more difference in the lives of more young people, and generate more lifelong commitments to Jesus Christ, his church and its mission.
- EQUIPPING We equip adults to do ministry by providing training, resource materials and on-going relational support because it is responsible stewardship to equip thousands of Christian communities, with their tens of thousands of members and leaders, to nurture youth and children into faithful relationship with Jesus Christ by utilizing personnel and materials already in place within congregations.
At GenOn Ministries, we believe that an abundant life-giving relationship with God through Jesus Christ is the most important thing in life, and that nurturing people, especially youth and children, into this abundant life-giving relationship with God through Jesus Christ is the most important thing the church ever does.
This has been true for 50 years, starting with our predecessor organizations The LOGOS Ministry, LOGOS System Associates, and Youth Club Program, Inc.
GenOn Ministries has a long history of partnering with communities of faith to grow relationships, nurturing children, youth and adults into a life-giving relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Our story began when Dale Milligan, as a child, experienced being called by name, not "that fourth Milligan boy" that others would avoid at every chance. He would later become the founder of Youth Club, now GenOn Ministries. Use these links to read our story and watch Dale tell his story.