About Us What We Do
GenOn Ministries is led by a dedicated staff, working board of directors, and over 100 passionate volunteers. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that is funded by training events, resource sales, and donations from individuals and partner churches.
Partnering with churches to nurture, grow, and deepen intergenerational Christ-centered community.
GenOn Ministries partners with churches to grow intergenerational community and faith in God through Jesus Christ by:
LOGOS - GenOn Ministries’ signature offering. This intergenerational weekly experience for children and youth creates an intentional arena where people of all ages, together, can learn about, experience, and practice the art of Christian relationships. We provide training, consulting, and resources.
Intergenerational Ministry - Where churches bring together at least two generations in planned and purposeful settings that are beneficial to all. We provide training, consulting, and resources.
Youth Summits - Summer youth conferences that are modeled after LOGOS in Estes Park, Colorado and Wheeling, West Virginia. Held every July.
Our Core Values
- AFFIRMING We affirm that an abundant life-giving relationship with God through Jesus Christ is more important than anything else in life.
- LIVING We seek to live with God as the center and focus of everything we do, following the Bible as our guide and standard.
- PARTNERING We recognize that partnering with the Body of Christ, the church, is essential for excellence in Christian nurture, and that God has called the church of Jesus Christ into being as the primary means of ministry in the world - including ministry with youth and children.
- PRACTICING Through our ministry and training, we advocate the study and practice of four vital elements of ministry which originate from Acts 2:42 – teaching, fellowship, breaking bread, and worship, and that this model of ministry, LOGOS, is of God, called in a significant way to reach out and minister to people of all generations in and through churches of many denominations.
- SERVING We strive to be accountable as stewards of the gifts God has entrusted to us: time, talent, and treasure, including gifts for ministry given by God to individuals and congregations, and that dollars given to GenOn Ministries will go further, over a longer period of time, make more difference in the lives of more people of all generations, and generate more lifelong commitments to Jesus Christ, his church and its mission.
- EQUIPPING We equip adults to do ministry by providing training, resource materials and on-going relational support because it is responsible stewardship to equip thousands of Christian communities, with their tens of thousands of members and leaders, to nurture youth and children into faithful relationship with Jesus Christ by utilizing personnel and materials already in place within congregations.