Intergenerational Ministry All About Intergenerational Ministry
Be an INTERGENERATIONAL CHURCH!
Intergenerational ministry develops disciples and energizes churches by
- bringing together any combination of at least two generations in planned and purposeful settings
- empowering multiple generations to mutually invest in each other and in their faith community
- intentionally encouraging Christian relationships among multiple generations
GenOn Ministries places heavy emphasis on intergenerational experiences because we have seen the impact of cross-generational sharing of faith journeys and life-experienced wisdom when the art of Christian relationships is learned, experienced and practiced together. The deep relationships formed through these experiences play an invaluable role in the development of lifelong disciples, and in the renewal of energy and vitality in whole congregation.
Watch Living by God's Design, our 12-minute video about Christian relationships.
Visioning Tool for Intergenerational Ministry
Is your church an intergenerational church? Do you want to be? Use our Visioning Tool for Intergenerational Ministry to take a picture of your church's current settings for intergenerational ministry and make plans for the future.
Intergenerational Ministry is more important now than ever before! Check out these important points of view:
- Disciples of all Generations (Liz Perraud, Executive Director, GenOn Ministries)
- Report on Shift in Christian Education Paradigms in the Reformed Church (Liz Perraud)
- Special Committee to Study the Reformed Perspective of Christian Education in the 21st Century Report
- Why Bring Generations Together (Holly Catterton Allen)
- The Church Sticking Together (Sticky Faith)
- Intergenerational Ministry Beyond the Rhetoric (Sticky Faith)
- Value of Relationships (Search Institute)
- Becoming Intentionally Intergenerational (John Roberto)
- Intergenerational Christian Formation (Holly Catterton Allen)
- Relationships: The Oxygen of Human Development (Search Institute)