High School Bible Study - We Are A Church
5 sessions. Originally written for GenOn's summer Youth Summits, now available for your church! This study explores the concept of community in the church and is suitable for high school youth, older middle school youth, and adults. Sessions in this study are:
- A Welcoming Community – Understanding that the church is the gathering of those who respond to God in Christ and was intended by God to be a place where all are welcome. Key Scriptures: Galatians 3:25-28, Acts 2:42-47
- A Transformational Community – Understanding that Christian life is transformational, that God’s grace changes us. Key Scriptures: Galatians 2:15-21, Romans 12:1-2, I Corinthians 13:4-7, Colossians 3:1-17
- A Community of Shared Faith – Understanding that every one of us brings into the community of faith (the church) a bundle of our own needs and thus the church tries to address a multitude of expectations. Key Scriptures: Acts 2:42, Colossians 3:16, Ephesians 4:11-16, Corinthians 14:2
- The Challenging Community – Realizing that Christian faith is built upon/dependent upon the Lordship of Jesus Christ over your life, and that this runs completely counter to most all the values of our culture and of our being. Key Scriptures: 2 Timothy 4:7, Hebrews 12:1, Acts 2:42
- An Outward Community – Understanding that the church was created by God to help me be a strong disciple of Jesus Christ so that I might help build the Kingdom of God. Key Scriptures: Matthew 22:36-40, 25:31--40, 28:19
Sample session from a GenOn youth Bible Study.
An e-mail with the link to the purchased Bible study will be e-mailed to the address on the order once the order process is complete. Questions? Need more information? E-mail us and we'll reply right away!