LIFT Year 2 Fall
3 units available. Choose the full collection or a single unit.
Unit 1: A Chosen Family
4 sessions. Introduces the family of Abraham and Sarah and God’s covenant with the people of Israel (Jacob). Participants will learn that God’s promises to this family are to be trusted as are the promises God makes in every age.
- Father and Mother of Nations (Genesis 17:5-8, 15-19; 21:1-8)
- Isaac and Rebekah (Genesis 24)
- Jacob and Esau (Genesis 27:1-28:5)
- Reconciliation (Genesis 32:3-33:20)
4 sessions. Focuses on four movements of prayer: adoration, confession, thanksgiving, and supplication. Participants will learn how the Psalms describe these types of prayer and practice using them in their daily prayer.
- Prayers of Adoration (Psalm 100)
- Prayers of Confession (Psalm 51:1-3, 10-12)
- Prayers of Thanksgiving (Psalm 136)
- Prayers of Supplication (Psalm 13)
4 sessions. Focuses on the belief that the times and seasons of our lives belong to God. God created times and seasons to bring order out of chaos. God also creates times of opportunity, times when something new breaks into history and changes our lives. For Christians, the coming of Jesus Christ is the most profound time of opportunity that God has given.
- A Time for Everything (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)
- A Time for Creation (Genesis 1:1-2:4)
- A Time to Get Ready (Luke 3:7-18)
- A Time for Jesus (Galatians 4:4-6)